21 September 2011

Book feature: Twenty Boy Summer

“I pull open the glass door and walk to the middle of the store, letting the smell of old books soak into my lungs. It’s different that I expect; it feels more like a library than a store, and I can totally picture Matt hanging out here. He loved to read. He loved words, the way they string together into sentences and stories…

Love of reading was something I shared with him alone, because of him alone. It was everything to him…


I walk up and down the aisles and run my hands along the spines of books, old and new. An undisturbed layer of dust on one particular shelf makes me think that Matt may have touched the same books the last time he was here.”

-Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler


City Lights was the name of the bookstore in the novel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment