21 October 2011

Bookay-Ukay

I first heard about Bookay-Ukay from a friend. I've been curious about the place, seeing it only in photos. And I get to see the place finally! I picked up an original cover The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks which I bought online. For purchases, reservations, inquiries, like their Facebook page here. More on their service later :)

It's a couple of minutes from Katipunan! It'll only cost you less than 100 bucks if you take a cab. The place is simple, open and totally laid back. Book shelves flank three sides of the room...


...while this wall on the left is reserved for artworks. Sort of a freedom wall. It's actually really cool. Gives an edge to the place. Like it wasn't only made to feed your book fetish, also your creative mind. I love that they stack books on the floor :)



This is what I got! Original covers are rare especially if they've made a movie of the book. The movie was wonderful, I'm curious how Nicholas Sparks wrote it. I like reading something in print after I watched it to see how i'll see it in my head. I got it for 150php only! It was a cheap find :) I love cheap finds! If you don't want to bust your wallets but cannot live without a good book, this is the place!



On service: You have to like their Facebook page so you can see their posts. They post every book they have, how many stocks, and the price. They are friendly, you can actually talk to them, ask questions about their stocks, or changes in your reservations. I reserved mine and was supposed to get it shipped. But then I realized I was going to Katipunan the next day. So I informed them, very casually that I've decided to pick it up on their store. They answer right away! And it's first come, first serve so stay updated so you can get the books you want. You can also check them out at Multiply. I'm a first time costumer so let me hear what you think :)



Sorry for the haggard picture ;) Whoever is behind this is my hero. It's the kind of place bookworms like me would actually love. It's wallet-friendly, laid-back, and full of books! If you live far from QC you can always check their Multiply and Facebook. But it's a must to visit the store! Bookay-Ukay is located at 55 Maginhawa Str., UP Village, Diliman, Quezon City.


Thank you my wonderful friends for coming with me!

Photos are mine. x

No comments:

Post a Comment