06 November 2011

Book surprise: Looking for Alaska

Someone got me this book and he really tried to surprise me but he was more excited than I am so he spilled it. Haha! I've been looking for Alaska for quite sometime now. It was out of stock everywhere! The sad thing is I got a free PDF copy over the internet. I couldn't resist so I've read it for days in my laptop. But now, I have it on paperback! Thank you, stranger, for making me happy with your little surprises. ;)

Looking for Alaska taught me that life is a Great Perhaps. We are in this labyrinth and we spend everyday trying to get out of it. But I also think that we were place in this labyrinth of life for us to solve, to move forward, to try to find direction.

American Library Association's Michael L. Printz Award for Excellence in Young Adult Literature

I do sign my books. :)

Everything happened before and after.

The famous quote from the book.

You just use the future to escape the present.

Pudge reads last words of famous people. He used Simon Bolivar's How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!

I hope we find our own answers to that. x

No comments:

Post a Comment