10 September 2011

Day 09 - A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving


I'm picky when it comes to genre and Paulo Coelho doesn't fall under my type. I'm not crazy for Brida but I found myself highlighting quotes from the book. Paulo Coelho makes his readers reflect about life. I didn't expect that kind of effect on me.

Some highlighted quotes:

The whole of man's life on the face of the Earth can be summed up by that search for his Soul Mate. He may pretend to be running after wisdom, money, or power, but none of that matters. Whatever he achieves will be incomplete if he fails to find his Soul Mate.

None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, and yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.

Whenever you want to find out about something, plunge straight in.

Brida had the feeling that what she was struggling for in life was exactly this, to be able to sit one day and contemplate just such a sunset.

True love allowed each person to follow their own path, knowing that they would never lose touch with their Soul Mate.

Never stop having doubts. If you ever do, it will be because you've stopped moving forward.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment