30 December 2011

A year of books

Books lusts of 2011

2011 has been filled with books from young adult, to classics, to historical fiction. This year is also the first time I've captured every book experience in this blog. I'm thankful that I get to share it with everyone else. Whenever I find a good read, I always make my friends read it. I'm excited for another year (fingers crossed) full of books! :-)

I don't own Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler but I love the heart made of sea glass. The Last Letter from your Lover by Jojo Moyes is an eye-catcher. I love the vintage feel of The Diplomat's Wife by Pam Jenoff.


I have these books in different editions. I would love to have these beautiful covers too!


Either because I love how scenes were written or it's simply full of beautiful quotes, I highlighted as much lines as I want!


I got The Diplomat's Wife from Booksale for only 75 bucks! It was an unexpected find and cheap, most of all, a good read! The Great Gastby was only 150 bucks from Fullybooked. Best timing since I was broke that time. Haha!


Jojo Moyes and Pam Jenoff are great writers. They paint with words and makes you feel you're part of the story. Delectable reads! I just hope the movie will be faithful to the novel.


At First Sight made my throat close up, my chest heavy, and my eyes sting. The Sky is Everywhere evoked longing, loneliness, love and mellow vibes. The Last Letter from your Lover simply made me feel alive and in love.


I love the authors' writing style, the prose and the plot.


My top 3 reads of 2011. I want to read them over and over again, to pore over the beautiful words and to meet the characters that are full of life.

2011 has been a great year, book-wise. Excited for the books I'll be reading in 2012. :-)

"So many books, so little time"

No comments:

Post a Comment