19 December 2011

Day 16 - Favorite female character

This is long overdue I know, so will make this short and sweet.

Lennie Walker from The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Why? Not only do I love the prose, I love how Lennie writes poems on every flat surface available and leaves them scattered across town. She writes about her sister, the new boy in honor band, her grief, and it's so poignant. Everything she does and everybody around her makes her this vibrant character, a living prose herself. I can almost feel her own grief. Even though there are times I dislike her for what she did, I believe I'd do the same thing if I was her. I love how much she loves her sister, how she read Wuthering Heights 23 times, how I can feel her every emotion through her poems. She's so raw.

Who's your favorite heroine? x

No comments:

Post a Comment