28 March 2012

On bookshelves, summer & the unknown

I promised myself I won't get a new book until after I finish my thesis (one of my random superstitions). There were tempting and desperate times but now that I've graduated, nothing can stop me now! Time flies fast and one of the lessons of life is that do what you love, and do it often. Summer's here, the future is wide with possibilities (I'm one of the unemployed now), but I don't know where I'll be next month. I don't know what books I'll read next. The unknown is such a thrilling and scary place. And I don't know why I'm being sentimental in a supposedly short post about my new paperbacks.
The thing is I realized how true it is that my life is captured in the books crowding my bookshelf, that every title, every spine, story and character brings back memories, and how I can reread my life page after page and there's really no ending until I give up reading. These books are pieces of me. And I can't wait to have a library of my own!

Meet my two new books (and Jason)!


The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Furst and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I had to dig deep through rows of books at Booksale for The Spies of Warsaw. I'm excited to read this. I'm big on espionage and World War II novels, throw in some romance, and college courses withdrawals (International Relations was my favorite subject). I've been eyeing Before I Fall for a long while now. Currently reading this. Will update soon. 

Sorry for the long post, and cheesy photo. Congratulations to the graduates of 2012! Happy summer reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment