09 August 2012

Writing & work


The faster I write the better my output. If I'm going slow, I'm in trouble. It means I'm pushing the words instead of being pulled by them. - Raymond Chandler

When we read we start at the beginning and continue until we reach the end. When we write, we start in the middle and fight our way out. - Vickie Karp

Sometimes you have to go on when you don't feel like it, and sometimes, you're doing good work when it fells like all you're managing is to shovel shit from a sitting position. - Stephen King

All the words I use in my stories can be found in the dictionary - it's just a matter of arranging them into the right sentences. - Somerset Maugham

The secret of becoming a writer is to write, write and keep on writing. - Ken MacLeod

One hasn't become a writer until one has distilled writing into a habit, and that habit has been forced into an obsession. Writing has to be an obsession. It has to be something as organic, physiological and psychological as speaking or sleeping or eating. - Niyi Osundare

I never want to see anyone, and I never want to go anywhere or do anything. I just want to write. - P.G. Wodehouse

Being a good writer is 3% talent, 97% not being distracted by the Internet. - Anonymous

If you don't have the time to read, you don't have the time or the tools to write. - Stephen King

If you read good books, when you write, good books will come out of you. - Natalie Goldberg

You are what you read. - Esko Valtaoja

PS. Having too much fun on Tumblr lately but I promise not to abandon Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment