01 October 2011

Book fetish

Semester break's coming up, I need to stack up.

The weather's been gloomy, perfect for crawling in bed with a good book - words in your veins, your mind traveling places. Your craving for words, different worlds, growing insatiable every page. This is what you call book fetish.

Here's my updated to-buy list, enjoy!


1. Looking for Alaska by John Green

I want the exact cover. I've read it on PDF because I can't wait any longer. John Green writes perfectly. I love the prose, I've highlighted a lot of quotes. But it doesn't feel right when it's not on paperback.


2. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

I've seen the trailer of the HBO mini series. I'm a fan of Nibelungenlied and all that. George R.R. Martin created another world and I'm fascinated by how he thought everything out and put it in words. The map of their world (included in the large format hard cover) captured me. I want the whole series!


3. Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen

The second book of the Bright Young Things series is finally out! 1929, flappers, all that jazz. It's the age when everythings' bright, when everyone's young. I love Anna Godbersen, her Luxe series and I loved Bright Young Things.


4. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

It wouldn't be complete without this. It's a thriller sort with the right overdose of romance. Will give you chills and turn you lovesick. Leaves you dreaming of Patch Cipriano in jeans... only. Release date: October 2011.


5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman

The cover, the title, I feel there's something more. I want to read how the words weave together. Read the synopsis here.


6. Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Somehow I came across this book. Jennifer Echols once disappoint, I'm hoping this time she won't. Creative writing, New York City, a boy who writes. I'm lusting for everything in it.


"So many books, so little time"

(photos from Google Search)

x
M

No comments:

Post a Comment