19 October 2011

Threelogy

Sorry about the lagged posts. I'm having off days but will try really hard to keep up from now on! Since I haven't posted anything for days, I'll cram three in one! ;)

1. Mini library
It's already semester break so I've been stuck at home. Plenty of time to do nothing, which bugs me a little. But then again, it's a much deserved break after all those stress. Anyways, I've been cleaning my room for days now, rearranging stuff around. I stack my books in different places in my room for a cozy feel, I want to be surrounded with things that I love. I had nothing to do so I tried to see what it'll look like if I placed them all in my bookshelf.

Sans the ones my friends borrowed and some left at my dorm. I want to fill every flat surface of my room! Fingers crossed.

2. Current read
Last Sunday, I got to buy myself a book! Yey! I have a long list of books to buy but whenever I'm at the National/Powerbooks/Fully Booked, I get overwhelmed with so many books I forget my list. I have this instinct too! After walking around the store a couple of times, I usually end up buying a book that I impulsively see like it's meant for me. And it's on sale! :)

The Last Letter from your Lover by Jojo Moyes

I'm only past eight chapters. So far, I'm loving the plot and the writing style. I love everything that has a bit of history in it. The Last Letter from your Lover is set on the 60s and the present. It's romantic without going overboard. I'm expecting a lot from this book! Though it's really unexpected, you really don't know where everything is headed. Keeps you at the edge, you wouldn't want to put it down. That's what makes it a good book. Prolly will post book quotes/feature about this next time :)

3. Day 10 - Favorite Classic Book: Pride and Prejudice & Persuasion



Allow me to be so indulgent to choose two :) Written by my favorite author, Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is the book that got me reading again. I adored the thought of Mr. Darcy, brooding and handsome. I fell in love with 19th century Europe, the balls, the dresses, the language.

Persuasion reflects the romantic in Jane Austen, and me. Captain Wentworth's coldness towards Anne Elliot when they met after eight years, his subtle ways, his letter after finding out his sentiments towards her are still the same was enough to captivate me. You have to read it yourself. If you've read it, read it again! :)

Photos are mine. x

No comments:

Post a Comment