26 October 2011

Day 13 – Your favorite writer

Safest answer would be Jane Austen. And instead of one answer, I'll give you a list of my top fave authors - in no particular order. They reign my bookshelf. :)

Nicholas Sparks
From A Walk to Remember to The Last Song, I adore his work. I don't know where he gets his beautiful stories. And he writes well! Nicholas Sparks gives us heartwarming stories that even though has a bit of tragedy in it, makes you appreciate life. He makes us want to feel a love like no other. He makes us cry and the tears are worth it.

Anna Godbersen
The author of the Luxe series and Bright Young Things. I like her because she's my kind of read. Young adult and Historical fiction. I love how the Luxe series was written, like I'm transported to 19th century Manhattan. Every character felt amazingly real. She let her characters loose and wander through the pages. I want to be one of them! Godbersen is effortless. It made me anxious in the right parts. Made me put it down when I just can't take what's happening. But then I'd pick it up again because I can't take the agony of not knowing what'll happen next. I haven't read Beautiful Days, the second book in the BYT series, but I'm pretty sure Godbersen wrote it like she didn't. Does that make sense? ;)

Julia Quinn
She's my go to author for my historical romance cravings. If you love Jane Austen, well she's the contemporary counterpart, as they said. Her works are funny and romantic. Not to cheesy, but still dog-ear worthy lines. Most of all, it's HISTORICAL! Dukes and duchess, London society and all that.

Jandy Nelson
I want to write like her! The Sky is Everywhere is just wonderful. I'm in love with the words! I'm a sucker for heartbreakingly beautiful stories. It makes me feel alive when I read something sad. I like going through stories like that to see that somehow it'll be alright in the end. Reading The Sky is Everywhere made me hope for better things. I basked in it and clung to Jandy Nelson's every word. I just love her. I also love the idea of a girl scattering poems around town.


Sorry I don't have pictures. Have no idea what to put. I'm moving forward with this challenge! Yey! x

No comments:

Post a Comment