13 May 2012

Covers and titles

I took my little brother to see The Avengers yesterday (watched it for the 2nd time) but were an hour and a half early so we made a badly needed trip to the bookstore! We're the two bookworms of the family.

A few covers and titles caught my lustful eye.

1. Chopsticks

I read from reviews that this novel comes with photos and illustrations, more like a raw scrapbook. The plot is intriguing, "it's up to the reader to decide what is real, what is imagined, and what has been madness all along." It has an artsy feel combined with music, the "The Sky Is Everywhere" kind. Reminds me of the movie Crazy/Beautiful, one of my favorites! 






2. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

The cover is haunting, I just had to pick it up. It's a vivid novel with a collection of vintage photographs that are equally haunting as the one in the cover. I'm scared and curious at the same time. I wouldn't dare to read this after looking through the photos of an opened copy.









3. A Game of Thrones The Graphic Novel

The novels, the HBO series, now a graphic novel? I want them all!!!












4. The House I Loved

The cover, the plot. 19th century Paris. War. Old houses. I'm a sucker for anything 100 years ago.













And a Happy Mother's Day to all amazing moms! How's your weekend been?

No comments:

Post a Comment